- http: //mr-president.tumblr.com/post/22028392533
- mockturtle8: I want a pet doge
- mockturtle8: pleassse
- mockturtle8: I wanna pet it
- imasupermuteant: you'll have one for hogswatch mockturtle8
- mockturtle8: WANT IT
- mockturtle8: RIGHT NOWWWW
- imasupermuteant: A doge is a big responsibility!
- mockturtle8: I will take it for all the walks!
- imasupermuteant: Well see.
- mockturtle8: I will give it all the toys!
- mockturtle8: I will train it!
- imasupermuteant: but will you help it govern?
- mockturtle8: (nod)
- imasupermuteant: I know exactly how this is going to go.
- imasupermuteant: you'll say that you'll take of the doge now, but when we actually have it you'll just want to play with it all day and then *I'll* be the one helping it sign all those documents.
- randompassingninja: and doesn't it need servants and things?
- randompassingninja: palaces?
- imasupermuteant: That can get really expensive
- randompassingninja: that's a *big* commitment, right there
- mockturtle8: I am willing to move to Venice to support my Doge.
- mockturtle8: really.
- mockturtle8: I'll make that leap.
- imasupermuteant: you say that now, but when you're actually *in* venice you'll just want to come right back home.
- imasupermuteant: and then we'll have to put your Doge in a pound.
- mockturtle8: NOO I WON'T
- mockturtle8: I swear!!
- mockturtle8: I'll even get a boat so I can take him for boat rides through the canals and I'll get him a special boating outfit and it'll be super cute and special boat dishes and boat food and boating music and there will be people lining the streets and stuff it will be absolutily darling
- imasupermuteant: why don't we start you off with something a little bit less time consuming? How about a minor magistrate instead?
- imasupermuteant: Maybe some kind of middle-ranking priest.
- mockturtle8: NO!
- mockturtle8: I want a Doge!
- mockturtle8: (angry)
- imasupermuteant: Well, with an attitude like that I don't see you *ever* getting a Doge. Calm down and I'll talk with your father about it.
I kind of want to write a story about this.
So I feel like I came upon this sub-fandom when I got lost on the way to the toilets and ended up wandering into an all-you-can-eat buffet of gorgeous, delicious, slightly toxic desserts. I don’t really know what I’m doing and someone more in the know might tell me to put down that five-layer cake laced with cardamom and explosives, but by god, I don’t know any better and I’m going to have a taste.
Let’s be clear—I don’t actually like Tony Stark. And Loki (much as I love him in fiction and myth) is a terrifying loose cannon in the comic-verse. But combine the two and some weird synthesis happens; it’s as if, instead of two rockets tearing apart the world, they’ve locked onto each other and are now spinning in space like a spiral galaxy, giving off sparks.
I don’t know what’s going on here (or perhaps I do) but in any case, my fanfic tastes suddenly expanded outside of the Potterverse. Oh hell.
It happened again tonight.
It’s late, I am strolling around the internet, and I stop to look something up on Wikipedia. One harmless article leads to another, and another, and pretty soon, I’m looking at articles on linguistics again.
The great part about the Intervocalic alveolar-flapping page is that there are a large number of words that you can say which demonstrate the point of the article. So I’m basically sitting around talking to myself and getting really excited about the fact that the word “potent” has “a preglottalized unreleased t or a glottal stop (but not a flap/tap)” while “impotent” has “either an aspirated t or a flap/tap.” IT’S LIKE I’M DOING SCIENCE ON MYSELF. Also this article is the explanation for why it is so hard to sing some words! And it’s also pretty much the definition of my bland Californian non-accent!
Linguistics why are you so awesome I really don’t need this right now
“And I open my eyes and there’s Colleen standing there buck naked screaming and I just had to laugh. And then we went outside and all the frat boys saw us. The take-home message is you can tell how far away an earthquake is by counting.”
Oh my god I miss my Astro peeps right now.
Heartless, by Gail Carriger
Honestly, this is the main reason I am still interested in vampire and werewolf stories. If you live forever, you can’t remain static.
I hope Barack Obama meets death and asks for a invisible cloak, then years later greets death as an old friend.